The Daily Routine
To help contain COVID-19, many schools have resorted to online lessons for children, and parents are now also working from home. Since changes in routine can be stressful, let your children help create a daily schedule, that can be placed somewhere visible for the whole family to follow. Be sure to include breaks from work or schoolwork to relax and connect with each other.
- Wake up, get dressed and have breakfast at the regular time;
- Define your workplace and your child’s school place in the house;
- Establish the academic hours and your working hours;
- Schedule time for nutritious lunches and snacks;
- Pre-set times for fun games or relaxing time together;
- Make time for exercise;
- Allow for some ”alone” time, where the children and parents can have some free time to relax or do whatever they want;
- Have dinner together as a family and discuss the day;
- Keep bed-times constant;
- Don’t forget to wash your hands regularly;
- If you need to go out, take all necessary protective measurements such as mask and gloves;
- If you need basic groceries, try to support local businesses;
- Avoid crowd gatherings or stores.